Wednesday, December 27, 2006

About My Drysuit

I was fortunate enough to be telling a friend of mine about my interest in Sea Kayaking. They enquired as to the type of wetsuit I wore and I replied that I wore a 'longjohn' and a dry cag, but that I was looking for a drysuit. They had one in their locker at work which they hadn't used and I could have it, I told them I would give them something in return.

-For Tech Info On The Suit-

The locker was on a north sea oil platform, I had no idea what it would be like. It came home two weeks later and I gave them four bottles of single malt for it.

The suit is a three layer affair.

From drysuit


Polychlal knit outer, whatever that is, then a Goretex middle, and a fleece inside, very nice.

Now the fit isn't great as my pal is bigger than me but it does the job. Prepare for some great posing in the next two pics !





It has a cork screw style zip starting at the top back and ending where it can be used as a relief zip.



Heres the nice soft fleece inner, there's also loads of space for thermal base layers and fleece's if it's really nippy.



Here's the collar which occasinaly lets a drip or two in, but makes my normal touring cag feel like a sieve.



Not sure what this thing would cost to buy and I don't know if other sea kayaking drysuits have fleece liners ? I get the whisky for nothing so it didn't really cost me anything :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's certainly an interesting drysuite. Is it designed for divers? Maybe a bit bulky for kayaking? Do you know who made it? Have you given it a full immersion test to check the seals and find any leaks?

Free whiskey hey...need a new pal?

Unknown said...

The suit is for working in areas where you may fall into the water. The suit works fine, I have been upside down many a time in it. Made by Multifabs of Aberdeen. I don't even drink the stuff !!