Wednesday, October 08, 2014

One Year Gone

I have now past a year since returning to cycling.The last few months I have been doing a lot of standing up on the pedals for short periods when out cycling, something I could still not do without feeling a bit of knee pain.

Although I am Totally Metric, I also completed my first ever 100 mile cycle.



A great Highland Cycle, I took it easy and felt great at the end. Probably won't match this distance again until next summer. So far this year I have clocked up 3500 Km cycling.



You can see it's my best year yet.

My knees have been feeling so good I took an extraordinary step last week.  I went for a run !

Now during my years of unending knee pain and swelling I visited three different physiotherapist, all of them told me my running days were probably over. I may be pushing the boat out a little too far here but I want to give it a try.

I did get a bit carried away and went a wee bit too far and fast for someone with my knees.


So to set the record staright I went out again a few says later and went a bit shorter and slower !!


Both these runs were done in fields of stubble, as the weather gets worse or thses fields are ploughed I will have to do some running on the road. I was told about Hoka One One running shoes. After a bit of research I purchased these.


 I have made up a couple of workouts based on the pace guides from runners world I have from years ago. These pace zones tie in pretty well with the zones generated by Strava.


Yeah the pace zones are fairly lethargic, but bare with me. Proper specific training has helped me over the last year and I'm hoping it will help me with running too.

No comments: