Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Local Surf Spot

In the last year, after learning to roll, I have on occasion visited a local East Coast beach to muck about in the surf. After checking magic seaweed I realised that Wednesday and Thursday would be good. I went out at HW on Thursday after picking the kids up from school, as the wife was nightshifting.

The site was great but I wouldn't have gone in even if I could have, there wasn't really any beach, tha water was right up to the dunes.

The next day I couldn't get anyone to go with me, I'm not confident enough in my abilities to go completely on my own, I at least need someone to watch me from the beach.

I took the camcorder and these are some screen grabs. This was 90 mins after low water on Thursday 22nd Feb. Balintore Beach.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I WILL RETURN !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where exactly is this? I have never heard of Balintore Beach

Unknown said...

Hi anonymous poster. Balintore is north of Inverness, beach OS grid ref 860,750.