Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saltburn To Balintore

Today I paddled from Saltburn around to Balintore. I went on my own, the weather was lovely, sunny and no real wind.



There was a wee bit of mist hanging aboot though, which soon burned away.



I passed by the old Nigg fabrication yard where they are now building offshore windmills.



There were caves around the corner.



Ah remember those gun emplacements ?



Loads of Guillemots jumping into the sea, where they would 'run' along the water.



Loads of Shags too.





I found a landing spot on a very rocky shoreline, although I managed to jump out of the boat before the boulders on the shore, I took a bash from a submerged rock on the way in !





After a scone and a cup of coffee it was time for the final leg, soon Balintore was in site.



The wife will be here soon to pick me up.

...

Two hours later...

2 comments:

Douglas Wilcox said...

Thanks for this, I used to live in Dingwall and have a great affection for the area.

:o)

Unknown said...

Aye Douglas, lots of the locals go 'down the road' everyone else in the UK seems to be moving to Inverness now though. :)